Monday, March 15, 2010

West Side Story (Sarra L.)

West Side Story is a movie inspired by Shakespeare's tragedy "Romeo and Juliet".
The film was interesting and sometimes it was very funny too. The dances were beautiful but I did not like the songs between Maria and Tony,who are the two main characters in this film. I did not enjoy the scenes when Maria's brother, Bernardo, and her love, Tony, fight and B. gets killed: it was very sad.
I enjoyed Tony's visit to Maria's balcony because this is the beginning of their love I think it was the most beautiful scene. I liked the dance scene too because Maria and Tony meet there and the dances of the two rival gangs was really fun.
Eventually
, I'm crazy about old films , I particularly enjoy films from the 50's because they are more realistic and the actors do ther jobs without the help of special effects which is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment